Historic Seattle Offers Second Digging Deeper Series:
Built Heritage Research Series Continues
Historic Seattle's multi-session program, designed to provide attendees with behind the scenes insight to primary research materials in the many archives in Seattle and King County, was so successful in 2014 that it plans to offer more opportunities this year.
Each month, you can visit a selected archive and receive expert advice as to what is available and how staff can assist with research projects. This program helps you to explore buildings, architecture, and history. By the time you are through, you will want to attend one or more of the events during National Archives Month in Seattle in October 2015.
The workshops include the following:
- Seattle Public School Archive: Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Seattle Department of Planning and Development: Thursday, March 5, 2015
- University of Washington Built Environments Library: Saturday, April 4, 2015
- Fiske Genealogical Library: Saturday, May 9, 2015
- Washington State Historical Society History Research Center: Thursday, June 4 or Saturday, June 6, 2015
- Tacoma Public Library Northwest Room: Saturday, June 6, 2015
- Eastside Heritage Center: Saturday, August 1, 2015
- Providence Mount St. Vincent Archives: Thursday, September 3, 2015
The registration fee for the series of eight sessions is $50 for members, $85 for the general public, and $20 for students. Individual sessions are $8 for members, $10 for the general public, and $5 for students.
To find out more about the Digging Deeper Series and to register for the workshops, visit the Historic Seattle website.
To explore other events hosted by Historic Seattle, visit their Events page.
The Queen Anne Historical Society holds five public meetings each year featuring programs emphasizing community and Washington history. The meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of January, March and May, September, and November. If necessary, the November meeting is moved so as to not conflict with Thanksgiving.
The Board of Trustees meets the second Wednesday of each month except July. Members are welcome to attend. If interested, please email us for location and time.